Frequently Asked Questions
How Much do you Charge?
- My services are broken up based on commission type, if you are unsure what your commission falls under please contact me with a detailed description of everything your commission requires and I will tell you what services your commission falls under. If you leave out important information this will result in your quote being wrong and the final price increasing so please be as details as you can be when commissioning.
Hey I have a script, will you record it for free?
- I take script requests at the link below as well as through patreon & subscribestar
- Contacting me with a script does not me I will record it.
- If you harass me about recording a script I will assume you want it as a commission and thus will send you a quote and will no longer think of recording the script for free.
How long will (insert number) story come to when finished?
- The final length of a commission quoted per word will vary based on many factors, due to this I cannot give a solid estimate for the final length. It is for this reason that I quote per word for scripted content.
When will you record my voice test sample?
- My recording schedule is normally Monday-Thursday. If you contact me for a test sample late Thursday-Sunday chances are I will not be able to get to it before Monday at the earliest.
- Voice Tests tend to be asked for, before money is exchanged because of this I have no obligation to record anything within a timely manner, however I will also try to record within a week's time. Remember I am trying to record a test sample in between commissions I already taken when there is no guarantee yet that you will hire me. If you commission me and then ask for a sample I will be more inclined to produce a sample in a timely manner because money has already been exchanged.
- Most voice tests require me to try to impersonate or get as close as possible to established characters/Voice Actors. This means that I have to do research and spend time trying to copy the mannerisms of another person. Due to this reason I cannot quickly produce a sample as I am trying to basically learn how another human/character speaks.
What's the difference between an improv commission and an Audiobook/Narration
- Audiobook/Narration Rates are the main rates I use to calculate larger commissions for those wanting full script recordings. This does not count Animations/Games where multiple takes are expected. These projects are 1 complete project recorded by me.
- Audiobook/Narration rates cost more than an improv, but you can give a final script. This means you will know what to expect within the audio. You can also be more detailed in setting and sfx so that I have more understanding of the environment which will result in a fuller mixed commission. You can also ask for redoes if you want something mixed a different way or said a different way (note: redoes due to errors in the script or commission info are not covered and will require extra payment to fix).
- Improvs are recorded off the top of my head without a full script. You give me a promote and a character and I record what comes to mind for as long as you paid for. If I go over I will not charge the difference, but I will always make sure to record the amount you commissioned for.
- Improves are meant to be quicker, less detailed and best for clients who don't have a solid script. Improvs also do not allow redoes of any kind, but tend to cost less than an Audiobook/Narration.
Is there a way I can quote how much my commission will be, before contacting?
- You can quote your Voice Acting Commission in the spread sheet link below. Just fill out the client calculations with your commission information and it should do the rest!
- Please only fill out what applies. If your commission is completely NSFW only fill out the NSFW word count, If your commission is SFW only fill out SFW
My script has 2 or more character's why can't I use the Audiobook/Narration rates?
- Normally when I record content under the Audiobook/Narration Rates I am doing a 1 time read through and only repeat when there are errors. I am able to keep a solid and consistent performance for this. Recording this way also tends to make the recording process shorter as well as the audio editing process since the recording is free of multiple takes of each line.
- When I have to record multiple roles I need to constantly either switch between the two roles or record each role separately. Both of these requires lots of time and care on my part to make sure both roles sound distinct and mesh well when editing. I also tend to record multiple takes just to make sure things will blend well together.
- The time it takes to do a commission requiring multiple characters (whether I record all characters or work with fellow vas) is extremely time consuming and thus is why the Character Acting Rates must be used.
Do you offer casting services?
- At this time I do not have rates for casting, however if you have a project you would like me to mix, voice in, or help organize do not hesitate to contact me and we can work something out!
What order do you record/finish your commissions?
- Commissions tend to be recorded in first come first sever order. The only exception is if the 48 hour turn around is purchased.
- Sometimes if I am struggling to record a commission I will skip it, and record it another day, but this is very rare.
- I record Monday-Thursday and tend to record between 1-5 projects daily within that time. I edit content later in the evening and on weekends when I can't record.
- Projects that require no sfx/full mixing tend to be completed faster even if they were commissioned later. As SFX/Full Mixing a single 5 minute project can take me between 5-10 hours to complete.
- The length of a project may also determine when it is complete. as sometimes I will need mental breaks from larger commissions and thus will focus on smaller ones in that time.
What is the estimated delievery time for my commission?
- Commission estimates are very hard to determine as it would depend on my schedule with other commissions. If the project is below 1,000 words and requires no sfx and mixing the estimated delivery time is normally 1-2 weeks
- If the project is over 1,000 words or requires sfx/mixing or spliced lines the final commission may not be completed for 2-4 weeks.
- If you have a specific deadline for your commission please be sure to state so and I will do my best to meet all deadlines.